Sunday, September 13, 2015

4 months of this thing

So I've been doing... whatever this is... for 4 months now. I'm in Washington and so far it hasn't rained a single drop here yet. If no disasters strike I should be in Manning Park, Canada on the 5th of October!

Motivation status: zero (or close to it). Stopping by home for a while pulled me out of the hiker state of mind and the snow directly after that discouraged me even more. But after talking to Shameless and Pudding, I think all us hikers are down here at the bottom of Motivation Canyon- we just want to be done. Every day ends with "I don't want to do this anymore. Maybe I'll just go back home when I get to the next town." But I keep reminding myself that I'm in Washington and can't quit so close to Canada. Again, I think that's what's on every hiker's mind at this point.

Fires look like they've cleared up pretty much everywhere that's important to us- Stehekin, Mt. Adams (immediately out of here at Trout Lake), even the closure at Crater Lake is open again.

As to the ~100 miles I just skipped from about Ollalie Lake to Cascade Locks: if I'm still up for it (and the weather looks to be cooperating) I'll come back and hike it after I reach Canada. It should only take me about 6 days or so.

And here's an update on what my beard looks like now (I got a haircut in Bend):

4 comments:

  1. I am very impressed by your dedication. Not even you Dad's whining on the trail diverted you from your efforts. Keep at it!

    Love,
    Dad and Felechia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there ! Proverbs 3:5-6 ! We have just packed food for you ! It was fun! You are so close to finishing - keeping you in our prayers

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! Not much longer! You will be glad you finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it! Not much longer! You will be glad you finished.

    ReplyDelete